Aviso de cookies: este portal web únicamente utiliza cookies propias con finalidad técnica, no recaba ni cede datos de carácter personal de los usuarios sin su conocimiento.

Si quieres participar en el foro, debes tener una cuenta. Escríbenos un correo a info@bajistasonline.es indicando qué nombre de usuario o "nick" te gustaría usar con tu cuenta.

Sobre modelos de markbass. Dudas

Todos queremos más y más watios, ¿verdad?...
Cerrado
albertron
Me enrollé con mi luthier

Sobre modelos de markbass. Dudas

Mensaje por albertron »

Hola. Tengo un little Mark III junto con una pantalla New York, el modelo de 4 conos de 6 pulgadas.

Ahora andaba mirando para comprar otra pantalla de 15 y veo que hay varios modelos: New York, Standard y traveler.

Yo juraría que cuando compre la New York, costaba alrededor de los 700€,y ahora veo que han bajado a los 400€. El modelo standard está más caro.
En su momento me dijeron que la New York era la mejor gama de markbass, pero ahora viendo que es la gama más barata, estoy perdido.

Alguien me puede decir que diferencias hay entre los 3 modelos?
También he visto que dentro de la gama New York, hay una que lleva el cono en negro que es más barata que la que lo lleva en amarillo. A ver si me podéis sacar de dudas, un saludo.
albertron

Re: Sobre modelos de markbass. Dudas

Mensaje por albertron »

Nadie?
Cerio
Hijo de BOL
Hijo de BOL
Contactar:

Mensaje por Cerio »

No es fácil encontrar información sobre esas diferencias. Aquí una respuesta de Markbass hace unos años:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/markba ... se.803086/

Thanks for writing, and thanks for your interest in Markbass! In response to your questions:- Going with two cabinets is indeed a very flexible solution. You can use one cabinet (or the other) or both.
For this to work, both cabs would have to be 8 ohms—together they would make a 4 ohm impedance.
With one cabinet (and the Little Mark III) you’d get 300W, with both cabs, you’d get 500W.- You might also consider using a combo and an extension cabinet—all of our combos include the Little Mark II in them!
So you could get a Mini CMD 121P combo and a New York 121 extension cabinet, for example. This is actually my favourite rig!
Or, if you went with 15s, a Mini CMD 151P (or CMD 151P Jeff Berlin) and a New York 151.
Very practical, portable, and less expensive than buying two cabs and a head.- You can use only speakon cables easily by connecting the speakon output of the head into the speakon jack of the first cab, and then connect the second speakon jack of the cabinet to the second cabinet. This has exactly the same result as connecting both cabs to the head.- The main differences between our 1x12 cabinets are related to the size of the cab and the type of tweeter.
The New York 121 has a piezo tweeter, which gives the high end more of a “woody” tone as opposed to the “glassier” compression driver and custom horn that you find in the Club 121 and the Traveler 121H.
The Traveler 121H is the largest of the 1x12 cabs, so it will have more bottom end and a bit more headroom—but is slightly less portable.
The Club 121 is our lightest cabinet ever, and can also sit back in wedge monitor position, but due to its light weight, it has a bit less bottom end.The 4x10 you tried would have more bottom end than any of these cabs, and be a bit more aggressive in the mids.
All of these 1x12s would be a bit warmer sounding but at the same time a bit rounder.- I think that from your description the 15s might be best! The 15s do tend to offer really nice low mid warmth, and overall a more old school tone.You also get less deep lows with a 1x12 than a 4x10.
If you choose 15s, the same type of cabinet comparisons apply:
The Standard 151HR is the biggest of the options, so it will be least portable but have the most bottom end, biggest sound.
The Traveler 151P is a bit smaller than that, and has a piezo tweeter instead of the horn.
The New York 151 is still a bit smaller, and sized perfectly to stack with the 15” combos... so it’s the best choice if you go the combo route.
The Club 151 is smallest and lightest, so the most portable but has the least bottom end. That should give you some stuff to think about! Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best,
Peter

Básicamente, es una cuestión de tamaño: las series, de más grande a más pequeña son:

Standard > Traveller > New York > Club (descatalogada, creo)
albertron

Mensaje por albertron »

Cerio escribió: 09 Ago 2019, 12:50 No es fácil encontrar información sobre esas diferencias. Aquí una respuesta de Markbass hace unos años:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/markba ... se.803086/

Thanks for writing, and thanks for your interest in Markbass! In response to your questions:- Going with two cabinets is indeed a very flexible solution. You can use one cabinet (or the other) or both.
For this to work, both cabs would have to be 8 ohms—together they would make a 4 ohm impedance.
With one cabinet (and the Little Mark III) you’d get 300W, with both cabs, you’d get 500W.- You might also consider using a combo and an extension cabinet—all of our combos include the Little Mark II in them!
So you could get a Mini CMD 121P combo and a New York 121 extension cabinet, for example. This is actually my favourite rig!
Or, if you went with 15s, a Mini CMD 151P (or CMD 151P Jeff Berlin) and a New York 151.
Very practical, portable, and less expensive than buying two cabs and a head.- You can use only speakon cables easily by connecting the speakon output of the head into the speakon jack of the first cab, and then connect the second speakon jack of the cabinet to the second cabinet. This has exactly the same result as connecting both cabs to the head.- The main differences between our 1x12 cabinets are related to the size of the cab and the type of tweeter.
The New York 121 has a piezo tweeter, which gives the high end more of a “woody” tone as opposed to the “glassier” compression driver and custom horn that you find in the Club 121 and the Traveler 121H.
The Traveler 121H is the largest of the 1x12 cabs, so it will have more bottom end and a bit more headroom—but is slightly less portable.
The Club 121 is our lightest cabinet ever, and can also sit back in wedge monitor position, but due to its light weight, it has a bit less bottom end.The 4x10 you tried would have more bottom end than any of these cabs, and be a bit more aggressive in the mids.
All of these 1x12s would be a bit warmer sounding but at the same time a bit rounder.- I think that from your description the 15s might be best! The 15s do tend to offer really nice low mid warmth, and overall a more old school tone.You also get less deep lows with a 1x12 than a 4x10.
If you choose 15s, the same type of cabinet comparisons apply:
The Standard 151HR is the biggest of the options, so it will be least portable but have the most bottom end, biggest sound.
The Traveler 151P is a bit smaller than that, and has a piezo tweeter instead of the horn.
The New York 151 is still a bit smaller, and sized perfectly to stack with the 15” combos... so it’s the best choice if you go the combo route.
The Club 151 is smallest and lightest, so the most portable but has the least bottom end. That should give you some stuff to think about! Please let me know if you have any further questions. Best,
Peter

Básicamente, es una cuestión de tamaño: las series, de más grande a más pequeña son:

Standard > Traveller > New York > Club (descatalogada, creo)
Gracias por la respuesta. Entonces en cuanto a sonido más o menos sonarán todos por el estilo, y lo único que cambia es el tamaño y tweeter (he visto que unos llevan tweeter piezo y otros de compresión).
Cerio
Hijo de BOL
Hijo de BOL
Contactar:

Mensaje por Cerio »

Yo tengo un cmd121p (pantalla New York + Lm3 en formato Combo) y una pantalla traveler 121h que a veces uso con un Lm3 independiente y el sonido es muy diferente

La traveler tiene muchos más graves y potencia, el combo más definición, y personalmente prefiero los agudos del combo (que todo el mundo dice que son una mierda, no acabo de entender por qué)

Si tuviera que elegir, me quedaría con el combo. Por suerte no tengo que hacerlo, y combinar ese combo con esa pantalla es una flipada.
llavino
Hijo de BOL
Hijo de BOL

Mensaje por llavino »

No te puedo hablar de las pantallas markbass porque no las he usado, pero si de que no me gusta nada el sonido de los twitter piezoeléctricos. En un combo Mini CMD 121P, que si he usado, el sonido es más o menos equilibrado, hasta que entra en acción el twitter, que hace que suene a radiocassette.
Creo que deberias de escuchar antes de decidir. Por decirlo de alguna manera, el salto que existe entre el altavoz de graves y el twitter es demasiado exagerado, por eso en otras series usan los twitter de compresión e incluso he visto un modelo que ponen un altavoz intermedio para corregir ese vacio de frecuencias entre los graves y los agudos tan altos. (Como siempre un comentario muy personal sin fundamento cientifico). No he mirado precios, aunque estoy seguro que donde instalen twitter de compresión se suponen más caros porque necesitan crossover y los propios twitter's multiplican por 10 o más, el precio de uno piezoeléctrico.
albertron

Mensaje por albertron »

Gracias por los comentarios. Tengo algunas cosas un poco mas claras. Si que es verdad, y me lo han dicho varias personas, que el tweeter de los markbass son un poco malos.
llavino
Hijo de BOL
Hijo de BOL

Mensaje por llavino »

Los twitter piezo eléctricos de los markbass no son malos, a mi modo de ver simplemente es que no son adecuados tal y como los montan, porque presumo que lo hacen por bajar costos, Si buscas por internet, verás que son muy baratos comparados con cualquier twitter tradicional, y hay que añadir que no necesitan crossover que también son caros.
Cerrado

Volver a “AMPLIS Y PANTALLAS”